Tuesday, 29 January 2019
Sport News
Former footballer remembers the ghetto
By Lawrence Chitumba
United Kingdom based former footballer,Hermish Rukani recently donated a soccer kit to his former playmates who are now playing social soccer.
Rukani who hails from the ghetto of Chipadze township in Bindura showed the World that although he is now living abroad with all the luxuries his heart will always be in the ghetto with his friends. "Home is best and my heart is always here although I am now living in
the diaspora where life is better," he said.
"I am who I am today because of my friends who are my former playmates and this ghetto so I have great memories of my motherland.
His best friend and former playmate William Chamba was full of praises for his friend whom he said was different from other people who abandoned their friends and country as soon as they attain better statuses in life.
" Mukomana haana kumbokanganwa kwaakabva ari kuti rangarira zvasiyana nevamwe vanoti vakaenda vaenda," he said.
He said the donation will reignite their passion for the most beautiful game,soccer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment