Artist searches Daisy’s mind in Tuku tribute song
By Daniel Chigunwe
Mashonaland Central based upcoming reggae and dancehall artist Brianmore “Ding” Chipara affectionately known as Bondanga has dropped a tribute song for the late music icon Dr Oliver Mutukudzi.
In a song titled “Hona” which has already started to make waves on YouTube, the artist goes through the mind of the late musician’s wife, Daisy, mourning in tears of loneliness.
The Daisy persona and lyrics blended with the jazz beats invokes hearty pathos.
“I did this tribute song for the late music godfather however mainly focusing on what could be going on in the mind of the now widow Daisy.
“Also I tried to fuse my lyrics with Tuku’s songs like Neria, Rufu Ndimadzongonyodze, Kuteya Nzou Nerive.
“In ‘Hona’ I try to express Daisy’s call for the now late to look back at the hole and wound that he has left in her life, I know these are not the best times for Tuku’s wife”said Ding.
The artist said Mash Central artists should have felt the burdensome need to record more tribute song for the national hero who was laid in Madziva communal lands.
“Having listened to all the tribute songs that were recorded in honour of Tuku, I feel as a province we should have done more for Samanyanga who hailed from this Kore Kore province,” added Bondanga.
Several young artists have dropped tributes and among them, Jah Signal, Garry Tight, Tock Vibes and Killer T

No comments:
Post a Comment