By Daniel Chigunwe
In an interview with ShowBiz Times, the 25 year old artist said her six track album which she released this year is fast gaining traction in the gospel circles.
“It is a six track album with songs like “Korona” and “Denga” making the most hits to such an extent that many of my fans are shocked to know it’s a debut. Fans are so happy, both in Zimbabwe and those based in Botswana, Mozambique and S.A.
“So far we have sold all the 100 discs that we had managed to make, many fans are requesting through WhatsApp, Facebook, they just love the music”.
Chikuwha who in 2016 got airplay on ZBC Sport FM for the song “Makanaka Jesu” attributes her fast rise to the Malbereign gospel group, “I worked with the group Afro Praise Zim led by Tonderai Green Manatsa since 2015 and we have done several album projects up to 2018.
“Now in 2019 I have released my own debut, nevertheless I am still working simultaneously with the group on videos production whilst I am also making my videos this year. Manatsa is also my producer and manager,” said the artist.
The diva whose dream is to have a collaboration with heavyweights gospel giants Benjamin Dube and Michael Mahendere has managed to get a stage in churches like Forward In Faith, AFM and Glad Tidings.
“Challenges for now is that I am still at school so I am not getting 100% concentration in the industry. I am studying an Honours Degree in Geographical Information Science and Earth Observation with UZ, now in my final year.
“Hence as a student I face challenges in financing my career but that is not a limiting factor in pursuing my challenge,”
Like several female artists in the show biz, the diva bemoans the sexual predatory nature of certain stakeholders in the industry, “it is unfortunate that at one time I got linked to some radio djs who before we even got any further started asking for sexual favours and I decided to find other means of marketing my work,” lamented the diva.
“ I am inspired greatly by South African music, the likes of Benjamin Dube, Rebecca Mahlope, Sipho Makhabani and Joyous Celebration as well as our Zimbabwean, the Charambas, Mercy Mutsvene and Rumbi Zvirikuzhe,” added Chikuwha.

Great stuff ! Wishing you all the best, all the way.
ReplyDelete