
By Daniel Chigunwe
Down in the Dande Valley of Mashonaland Central echo es the vocals and guitar strings of a salient, talented, jet-rising Afro Jazz musician.
Much have been penned about development and the rise matrix of Mbire with such significant political names including Douglas Karoro, First Lady Auxillia Mnangagwa and Senator Monica Mavhunga but little has of late been celebrated on the showbiz sector from the Dande area.Down in the Dande Valley of Mashonaland Central echo es the vocals and guitar strings of a salient, talented, jet-rising Afro Jazz musician.
The entrance of Liberty Gwishiri of Mushumbi trading on the entertainment billboard as Sir VeMagitare has proved that Mbire is set to be a jewel of reckon on the music sector too.
This week ShowBiz Times caught up with the afro jazz artists who recently charmed the First Lady at the World Rural Women’s Day celebrations that were held in Mbire.
“Sir VeMagitare is an Afro-jazz artists who is hailing from the education sector as I am a teacher by profession which is also how I earned the trade name. I started way back during my high school hey days when I did my first single in 2008 though back then I was still more in the RnB genre.
Though not originally born and bred in Dande, the artists says he now identifies himself with Mavhuradonha Range as home, “ KuDande kubasa but it is now like I am home ndokwandinopedza nguva ndiri uyezve mhanzi yangu started maturing when I was here and the people here have fallen in love with my art works,”.
“Between the years 2012 and 2015 I was privileged to get an opportunity as front man of a Morgzin Jazz band which was formed at Morgan Zintec College and in 2016 I started my solo career and I transformed my music largely into Afro-Jazz using the skills I had obtained from the band,” narrated Gwishiri.
“My achievements might not seem that big but to performing and charming the First Lady at the women’s day commemorations was like a dream come true, I sang a song titled, “Mudzimai Paruzevha”. I also did a stage performance at World Teachers Day held in Mbire last year.
“Also last year I composed and performed a song entitled ‘Smart Muropa’ which suited well with the program that was being run by National Aids Council,”
To prove that he is a force to reckon in the showbiz sector, Sir VeMagirae has courted the attention of music icons like Pah Chihera and Terry Africa.
“I am working on an album which is at its final stages carrying songs like Mudzimai Paruzevha, Nyarawo, Gitare featuring Pah Chihera and Terry. The album tackles all the social challenges we face in our daily lives.
“I feel Afrojazz is a genre with a long span and mostly it is educative. What makes my music unique from other recognized figures is I always try to be original as I am inspired by matters that I live and come across in my day to day life,”
What makes the story of this artist captivating, intriguing and interesting is the idea of growing his works whilst based in a place which does not provide all the necessities of the showbiz industry, which makes his narration a work of courage.
“ I am facing a number of limitations since our area is a bit remote especially when it comes to aspects of my music industry. It is even difficult to get recognized and promoters. There are no enough platforms to perfom and showcase my works, hakutoitwe mashows acho.
“ the other challenge is air play, tikasiya maCDs edu kuti azoridzwawo they are being kept in libraries, and for a person like me as far as Dande its painful to do follow ups. Nevertheless I thank the people of Dande for the love and support they have given me though not financially but I really appreciate their passion for my music because it gives me the power to keep on moving,” said Sir VeMagitare.
nice one
ReplyDelete